unpacking of archive failed...MD5 sum mismatch

I am attempting to build an RPM for mathematica version 6.0. After some initial problems with x86_64 libraries on a i686 system, I managed to get the rpm to build.

I now have a 471 Meg rpm package.

When I try to install this package, I get the following error:
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/mathematica-6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/Linux/libPHANToMIO.so.4;48213c3a: cpio: MD5 sum mismatch

rpm -K shows:
mathematica-6.0-3.el4.i386.rpm: sha1 md5 OK

rpm -qlp shows all the files.

I am sure there is no corruption from me copying the file. I have repeated the build and the result is the same.

Is it possible there is a maximum size for an RPM package?

Is there something else which can cause this problem?

I am using CentOS-4.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John.

--