[scl.org] perl dependency generation on CentOS 7

Malcolm Studd mstudd at recognia.com
Tue Aug 5 14:16:21 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 03:35 AM, Jitka Plesnikova wrote:
> the macros for perl should be a different at CentOS 7.
>
> Something like this

I now have /etc/rpm/macros.perl518-config with the contents
  %scl perl518
  %scl_package_override() %{expand: \
  %global __perl %_scl_root/usr/bin/perl \
  %global __perl_requires /usr/lib/rpm/perl.perl518-req \
  %global __perl_provides /usr/lib/rpm/perl.perl518-prov \
  %global __perllib_requires /usr/lib/rpm/perl.perl518-req \
  %global __perllib_provides /usr/lib/rpm/perl.perl518-prov \
  }

It does not work. Most provides and requires are still just "perl".

> It overrides definition specified at /usr/lib/rpm/fileattrs/perl*attr
> (for more info http://www.rpm.org/wiki/PackagerDocs/DependencyGenerator)

I had seen that earlier, and just went back and read it more carefully,
but I don't see how you got from that to this. Googling
scl_package_override brought up some Fedora documentation[1], so I'm off
to see if it has any clues.

Thank you,
Malcolm

[1]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Contributor_Documentation/1/html/Software_Collections_Guide/sect-Software_Collection_Macro_Files_Support.html#
www.recognia.com<http://www.recognia.com/>

Recognia – World Leaders in Technical Analysis [VIDEO]<http://www.recognia.com/movie>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/recognia>[Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/recognia>[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/recognia-inc.>[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/marketingrecognia>

This message may contain confidential and proprietary information of Recognia Inc. and is intended only for the designated recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.

To stop receiving communication from Recognia simply click on the email address below: