[scl.org] No sources on softwarecollections.org?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jul 14 17:23:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, Jakub QB Dorňák wrote:

> You are right, they are not easy to find, because there are no extra links to them.
> But if You click "browse", You may find the SRPMs in the repository. Once You install the RPM with YUM repository configuration, You may get SRPMs using yumdownloader.

would it be possible to simply expose a durable target
pointing to SRPMs, or of the entire archive [e.g., 1], which
something like this mirroring script might then transit:

# lftp -f sclorg.conf

where sclorg.conf contains

mirror -c -e \
        -I "*/SRPMS/*"                                  \
        -I "*/sources/*"                                \
	-I "*src.rpm"					\
	-X "*"						\
	https://www.softwarecollections.org/archive/	\
	/var/ftp/pub/mirror/sclorg/

=============

which harvests just SRPMs.

-- Russ herrold

[1] https://www.softwarecollections.org/archive/

ps -- the content in that new target may consist entirely of
links and be made by something like this, automatically

#!/bin/sh
#	sco mirror target builder fragment
#	License: gplv3+
#	Copyright: (c) 2014 R P Herrold
#	reports: info at owlriver.com
#	suitable for cron
#
#	FIXME PATHS
ROOTDIR=to_root_of_present_tree
DESTDIR="/var/ftp/pub/mirror/sclorg"
cd
[ ! -e ${DESTDIR} ] && mkdir -p ${DESTDIR}
cd ${DESTDIR}
for i in ` find ${ROOTDIR} -type d | grep -v "^[.]"` ; do
	BASDIR=`dirname $i`
	HASPATH=`echo "${BASDIR}" | sed -e  "s@${ROOTDIR}@${DESTDIR}@g"`
	[ ! -e ${HASPATH} ] && mkdir -p ${HASPATH}
	for j in `find ${BASDIR} -maxdepth 1 -name "*.rpm"` ;
		[ ! -e $j ] && ln -s $j ${HASPATH}
	done
#
#	add inverse logic to rm links to files aged away out
#	out of the source tree
#	TBD FIXME
done
#

I don't speculate as to the 'aging away' process as I don't
quite understand what the process is, to be able to graft into
it