Re: [scl.org] Question about generating RPMs that depend on SCLs (like python27)

On 07/16/2014 06:29 AM, Alan Robertson wrote:
So, I'm trying to take the page you pointed at seriously - so I added
this line from that page:

BuildRequires: scl-utils-build

There is no such package.  What was intended here?

This package is included in optional channel, but you shouldn't need it, because you are preparing non-SCL package and scl-utils-build is intended only for building SCL packages.

Anyway, what is obviously wrong in your case is generating the python requirements. These generators are delivered in python-devel and python27-python-devel packages. So, if I'm not mistaken, your package (and building environment) must include python27-python-devel but not python-devel. In spec file you should have:
  BuildRequires: python27-python-devel

But be careful about packages installed during building (if you build in your working environment), since I'm not sure which package gets preference in case both python-devel and python27-python-devel are installed.

Regards,
Honza