[scl.org] Is software collections appropriate for making a self-contained software archive?

I have to install some software in an enterprise environment where we
are limited to installing in a specific directory in /opt. Additionlly,
we can't use yum or rpm to install it - it has to be simply built or
extracted right into the directory.

Software collections seems to allow building an RPM that installs a
package and all its dependencies in such a directory. I'm thinking I can
make such a package, install it on a dev system, tar up the install
directory, then untar it on the production system. Should I expect that
to work?

--
Shawn J. Goff | Accelerated | Systems Engineer | 813.699.3107