[scl.org] Why you will hear CentOS here more

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 16:29:57 UTC 2014

Dear SCL friends,

we're hearing your voice and found out the way we deliver content to
softwarecollections.org now is not perfect; especially because SCL
packages got to the website after releasing them as RHSCL product actually.

We want to change this and are already working on making
softwarecollections.org to be also a development platform for the next
RHSCL releases and probably using git.centos.org as a place to keep
sources for Software Collections and do the development in the future.

Another reason to change delivery work-flow is to make it easier for
users to rebuild the collections on their own if necessary. Together
with this we plan to take our time to improve the available
documentation as well.

For now, we want to start with making all RHSCL 1.2 (just released [1])
sources available in dist-git of CentOS and providing new builds of
collections available soon.

Stay tuned for details, express your feelings about this change or
suggest us some other things missing on softwarecollections.org.

[1]
http://developerblog.redhat.com/2014/10/30/red-hat-software-collections-1-2-now-ga

Cheers,
Honza