[scl.org] rubygems 2.2.0 in ruby scl

Joe Rafaniello jrafanie at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 14:45:12 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Dne 15.9.2014 15:52, Joe Rafaniello napsal(a):
> >> However, I am wondering why you should be interested in RubyGems 2.2
> >> just due to this specific change?
> >> <\quote>
> > Yes, the more compatible with upstream ruby/rubygems/bundler, the easier it
> > is for applications, especially ones that support multiple platforms.
>
> I thought it will be actually Bundler related, that is why I am asking.
> So what are you actually missing? Would be an update of Bundler option
> for you? That seems more feasible to me, although I have not checked if
> really possible.
>
> Vít

I am researching what is required to get SCL ruby 2.0 to work with the rubygems.org based gems.
In other words, is there some combination of rubygems.org based gems that I can use with SCL ruby 2.0/rubygems 2.0.14 without requiring the gems be patched in rpms?

I'm fine with upgrading bundler to 1.7.2 from rubygems.org if the binary extensions fix is also available there.

I was under the impression the upstream fix landed only in rubygems itself:
http://blog.rubygems.org/2013/12/26/2.2.0-released.html

And with that change, the packaged bundler would no longer require a patch for binary extensions.

Thanks!

--
Joe Rafaniello