[scl.org] Linking to a different version of curl with SCL php54

Remi Collet rcollet at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 04:38:07 UTC 2015

Le 17/04/2015 22:58, William Jimenez a écrit :
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use a newer version of curl than ships with RHEL6 by
> default with the SCL PHP 5.4 package. My newer build of curl is in a
> separate location to not conflict with the system one (/opt/foo). I've
> tried setting both LD_PRELOAD & LD_LIBRARY_PATH for apache to pick up
> and prefer my new curl with little success. Has anyone found a solution
> they can share?

Most of the optional feature in php-curl are detected at buildtime, so
using a new curl version requires to rebuild PHP.

But the displayed version in PHPInfo() should be the runtime one.

Remi.

> Thanks

rcollet at redhat.com | Senior Software Engineer / BaseOS / WebStack team
GPG Key: 0x29F16A18
Fingerprint: 5A0E 6F54 D94D 5732 69EE  E3FF 614A 6905 29F1 6A18