[scl.org] SCL... for ppc?

Ian Veach ian_veach at nshe.nevada.edu
Mon Aug 31 21:27:18 UTC 2015

We run RHEL on IBM pSeries (ppc64) - which is mostly all types of
awesome.   However.

Is there any future for SCL on a ppc platform?

I'm specifically looking at PHP, which is 5.4.16 for RHEL7.  Unfortunately,
PHP 5.4 is being EOL'd in a couple weeks, and while RH will support 5.4
with security patches...only.... RHEL 8 is not even in sight, and
applications will be requiring higher versions of PHP.  I'd love to offer
our customers a "modern" PHP in the next year... but other than us going
back to compiling our own stack...

Thanks for any info or even rumours or innuendo.  :)

cheers and thanks,

Ian Veach, Senior Systems Analyst
System Computing Services, Nevada System of Higher Education

--
PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and
Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.