Re: [scl.org] rhscl dockerfiles

Thanks Tomas,

I got something working with this

```
FROM registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/nodejs-010-rhel7

# Extract app to work dir
# Other setup stuff

CMD source /opt/openshift/etc/scl_enable; npm start
```

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Tomas Hrcka <thrcka redhat com> wrote:

On 08/07/2015 11:07 AM, David Martin wrote:
Thanks Tomas.

Maybe my problem wasn't explained clearly enough. Apologies.

I like to use a base nodejs image that behaves more like the one available on docker hub https://hub.docker.com/_/node/
as opposed to one that requires the sti tools.

You can use the sti tools just to build the nodejs010 base image.
Or pull it from internal registry registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/nodejs-010-rhel7

e.g. I can use a Dockerfile like this to build a container for my app

```
FROM nodejs
ADD . /usr/src/app
```
and build your app using appropriate tag in FROM

then do a `docker build` and I have my image for my app.