Re: [scl.org] softwarecollections.org offline

Dne 17.8.2015 v 16:38 rikske deds nl napsal(a):
> I don't understand the purpose of softwarecollections.org?
>
> Where are the up-to-date sources of the SCL packages on git.centos.org?
> As you guys did before.
>
> Where are the RPMS on the centos.org mirrors in then folder SCL as before?
> As you guys did before.
>
> Softwarecollections.org only creates fragmentation.
> One site, one portal, one source and that should be *.centos.org!

There is not only Centos. You can have SCLs for other systems. E.g. old perl for latest Fedora.

How you can get your bits to git.centos.org? The process is quite long and there is several approvals on the way.
Compare it to Copr & softwarecollections.org: you can build and import your collections within few minutes.
No approvals, no blockers. Just few clicks.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA