Re: [scl.org] [rh-scl] softwarecollections.org is back up

On 12/04/2015 03:11 PM, Ian Stewart-Binks wrote:
Looks like they've been moved to https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mysql55/rhscl-mysql55-el7-epel-7-x86_64/

All packages seem to be stored under this path format now.

Ian

Yes but ---- those of us who ALREADY HAVE the repository set up on our servers are now out of luck because the packages are named differently - so you can't just change the path from which you get the RPMS , and you cannot un-install the old repo and install the new one (without un-installing all the old packages and breaking the server in the interim. I'm not sure how much of this is breakage from the server outage and how much of it is just plain transitional.

I understand that stuff happens, but this has pretty seriously broken our server provisioning - and I'm not at all clear on what the plan and direction of this change is, or how we SHOULD be trying to build servers now AND maintain our old ones.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Parees" <bparees redhat com>
To: "Eliska Slobodova" <eliska redhat com>
Cc: sclorg redhat com, "Rodolfo Carvalho" <rcarvalh redhat com>, "Software Colections" <rh-software-collections redhat com>
Sent: Friday, 4 December, 2015 3:08:25 PM
Subject: Re: [scl.org] [rh-scl] softwarecollections.org is back up

all the ones i've checked are empty, eg:
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mysql55/epel-7-x86_64/noarch/
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mysql55/epel-6-x86_64/noarch/
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/php55/epel-7-x86_64/noarch/

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Eliska Slobodova < eliska redhat com > wrote:

Hi,

these still might be some non-working URLs. Eg:

https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/v8314/epel-7-x86_64/noarch/rhscl-v8314-epel-7-x86_64-1-2.noarch.rpm

Can someone have a look, please?

CCing folks from OpenShift in case they come across something else.

Thanks,
Eliska.