Re: [scl.org] V8 RPM Non Existent

From: "Matthew Nicholson" <matthew a nicholson gmail com>
To: "Daniel Davis (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel davis nih gov>, "Noah Kantrowitz" <noah coderanger net>, sclorg redhat com
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2015 2:59:49 PM
Subject: Re: [scl.org] V8 RPM Non Existent

its all the repos, from what I've seen basically all day since the website came back "up"

Look in: https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/ruby193/ (for example, any collection will do, i've checked most).

Note the data stamps, all new. The EPEL-* dirs are all empty however, no repo data, no rpms, etc.  The RHSCL dirs DO have content however, and it looks like totally new builds happened...

The issue is, that all the repos (at least that I ever use), reference the packages/repo data in the EPEL directory:

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rhscl-ruby193-epel-7-x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/ruby193/epel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:

How exactly did this fail in a way that the repo data was lost/repos are empty? I saw a note that it was the server not rebooting, then DNS? how could either one wipe out the repos?
The service ended up having to be physically moved to a new server. It looks like the data wasn't transferred properly. I think in another note to the mailing list someone said that the data appears to be there but is in the wrong subdirectory.

If i sound grumpy, its because I've been waiting 2 whole days now to do some quick tests in a new deployment that are 100% blocked on this. If there is a mirror process I'd love to be pointed at it once the repos return...

We are currently investigating getting more support for this service. Mirroring may be part of that solution.

Langdon