[scl.org] Solution for softwarecollections.org troubles

Most of the software collections (SCL), that are available on softwarecollections.org, are now built in cbs.centos.org and the plan was to promote those builds quite soon as official community builds of SCLs.

Since the website softwarecollections.org has experienced troubles these days, I believe we can officially suggest using builds from CentOS Build System as the solution -- not only for now, but also for the future, because it would happen anyway.

The software collection packages are now available on CentOS mirrors and you can install the repo RPM this way:

  $ sudo yum install centos-release-scl

(repo package is available for centos6 [1] or centos7 [2])

Then, you can install particular collections:

  $ sudo yum install rh-ruby22 rh-ror41

Official announcements for the CentOS hosted collections will follow in couple of next days, but you are safe to use the collections now already.

[1] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=7056
[2] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=7049