[scl.org] Solution for softwarecollections.org troubles

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 20:12:53 UTC 2015

Most of the software collections (SCL), that are available on
softwarecollections.org, are now built in cbs.centos.org and the plan
was to promote those builds quite soon as official community builds of SCLs.

Since the website softwarecollections.org has experienced troubles these
days, I believe we can officially suggest using builds from CentOS Build
System as the solution -- not only for now, but also for the future,
because it would happen anyway.

The software collection packages are now available on CentOS mirrors and
you can install the repo RPM this way:

   $ sudo yum install centos-release-scl

(repo package is available for centos6 [1] or centos7 [2])

Then, you can install particular collections:

   $ sudo yum install rh-ruby22 rh-ror41

Official announcements for the CentOS hosted collections will follow in
couple of next days, but you are safe to use the collections now already.

[1] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=7056
[2] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=7049

Honza