Re: [scl.org] [rh-scl] softwarecollections.org is back up

On 12/04/2015 10:40 PM, Steve Hanson wrote:
On 12/04/2015 03:11 PM, Ian Stewart-Binks wrote:
Looks like they've been moved to
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mysql55/rhscl-mysql55-el7-epel-7-x86_64/

All packages seem to be stored under this path format now.

Ian

Yes but ---- those of us who ALREADY HAVE the repository set up on our
servers are now out of luck because the packages are named differently -
so you can't just change the path from which you get the RPMS , and you
cannot un-install the old repo and install the new one (without
un-installing all the old packages and breaking the server in the
interim.  I'm not sure how much of this is breakage from the server
outage and how much of it is just plain transitional.

I understand that stuff happens, but this has pretty seriously broken
our server provisioning - and I'm not at all clear on what the plan and
direction of this change is, or how we SHOULD be trying to build servers
now AND maintain our old ones.

We're still trying to fix the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

Please, feel free to use the solution described at https://www.redhat.com/archives/sclorg/2015-December/msg00024.html

Honza