Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] SCL's from softwarecollections.org repos to SIG

On 02/10/2015 11:00 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
Hi,

Do we have a list of things that need to get done before the repos
hosted at SoftwareCollections.org can go away to be replaced with
properly maintained content from centos.org ?

There are two things we identified as blocking us at [1]:
a. authtag -- thing that allows non-admin users to push/import srpms into rpms/ namespace
b. centpkg build ready with all features hacked

Anybody knows about progress with those?

As soon as we have (a) we can import srpms into centos (should be script-able). Then, as soon as we have (b) and all packages built, we can remove copr-built RPMs from scl.org and import bits from centos.

However, there is also one feature missing on scl.org, which is to be able to import builds that were not built in copr. This is actually stuff for scl.org guys. We talked about it today and it seems there are more possible ways how to do this, we just need to figure out which is the best. This will be elaborated a bit in a separate thread.

[1] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-January/012678.html