Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] SCL's from softwarecollections.org repos to SIG

On 02/11/2015 02:25 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
On 02/10/2015 11:00 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
Hi,

Do we have a list of things that need to get done before the repos
hosted at SoftwareCollections.org can go away to be replaced with
properly maintained content from centos.org ?

There are two things we identified as blocking us at [1]:
a. authtag -- thing that allows non-admin users to push/import srpms
into rpms/ namespace
b. centpkg build ready with all features hacked

Well, Remi actually brought me to reconsidering a bit if we actually really need those two things to start building collections -- we can build from srpm and have collections in sclX-testing repo right now actually.

Then, we can rebuild from koji once the auth/centpkg is ready. That way we won't have signed packages and have anything in scl7-release (where only builds from scm can be placed, as I understood, is it correct?), but we may be fine with that for now.

Does it make sense?

Still cross-posting :) but would prefer to move to sclorg redhat com
Honza

Anybody knows about progress with those?

As soon as we have (a) we can import srpms into centos (should be
script-able). Then, as soon as we have (b) and all packages built, we
can remove copr-built RPMs from scl.org and import bits from centos.

However, there is also one feature missing on scl.org, which is to be
able to import builds that were not built in copr. This is actually
stuff for scl.org guys. We talked about it today and it seems there are
more possible ways how to do this, we just need to figure out which is
the best. This will be elaborated a bit in a separate thread.

[1] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-January/012678.html