[scl.org] CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 07:47:48 UTC 2015

On 02/23/2015 08:39 PM, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
>  > CBS build tags in format like:
>  >    sclo6-mariadb100-build
>  >    sclo7-mariadb100-build
>
> We need to keep the disttag in the name as agreed from the beginning for
> all SIGs:
> sclo6-el6-mariadb100-build
> sclo7-el7-mariadb100-build

OK, understood.

> (scol7-el7_1-mariadb-build maybe ; However I don't remember if the SIG
> agreed to have 1 disttag only per distribution policy even for rhscl
> rebuild; which is the way to go if you ask me :).
>
> The disttag can be some other string not containing major; e.g: .infra.
>
> I need a way to parse it consistently and existing scripts have been
> written this way.

There is one piece I'm struggling with (and I'm not sure if that's the
same thing you call special disttag for rhscl rebuild). It is how to
deal with conflicting NVRs in koji (supposing CBS koji also doesn't
allow two build tasks resulting into the same NVR).

When we build some SRPM first in sclo project and then import the same
SRPM to rpms project (so we're able to build it from SCM, sign it and
release), then koji build will fail, because we already have the same
NVR built from SRPM, right?

I'm thinking if we can solve this by disttag, so e.g. every build from
SRPM would get something like ".el6.test" and only SCM builds would get
".el6". As far as I understand koji, that would require another build
target, right?

Maybe there is some nicer way to handle this or you may convince me we
don't need to solve this at all and just handle it with release bumps.
(just thinking loudly now)

Honza