Re: [scl.org] Workflow for Software Collections (SCLs) in CentOS

On 02/24/2015 09:53 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
Le 23/02/2015 18:44, Honza Horak a écrit :
Specific for RH collections:
----------------------------
srpm can be automatically imported to rpms project or even to sclo
project on errata publishing if maintainer wishes so

Question about NEVR

The NEVR (in the spec) will probably be the same in the devel phase
(git/sclo) and after (git/rpms).
Isn't this going to be a problem ?
Does the %{?dist} need to be different ?

I think Koji will not accept a build with the same NEVR.

That's true. It's also mentioned in another thread about CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/sclorg/2015-February/msg00027.html

I've proposed a different disttag for testing RPMs there, but not sure if there is a better way.

Q: what about centos vs epel?
Proposal: if there are some packages that want to use centos collections
in the future, epel should start to build above centos' sclo repos.

EPEL build against RHEL, so should build against RHSCL.

Ah, good point, so we wouldn't be able to build anything against non-RH collections. Or for non-RH collections, those would have to be re-built in EPEL.