[scl.org] Meeting log from CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2015-01-07)

#centos-devel: SCLo SIG Sync-up (2015-01-07)

Meeting started by hhorak at 16:03:39 UTC. The full logs are available
at centos-devel/2015/centos-devel.2015-01-07-16.03.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* current status  (hhorak, 16:05:18)

* Current status  (hhorak, 16:06:45)
  * LINK:

https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/php55/epel-7-x86_64/php55-php-5.5.6-10.el7/
    (Jeff_S, 16:41:13)
  * importing binary sources into lookaside cache is a feature coming to
    centpkg soon, bstinson is working on it  (hhorak, 17:16:00)
  * build command for centpkg will come soon as well  (hhorak, 17:16:00)
  * fedora-style layout is crutial to be able to use centos git as
    upstream (easy cherry-pick from/to rhel/fedora)  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * having two formats in git.c.o does not bother us for now, since it
    is possible to generate a srpm from sclo/ project and import to rpm/
    project  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * buildroots in koji are already set up to have $collection-build in
    the buildroot and any other package may be added afterwards using
    koji add-group-pkg; this is necessary to have some scl macros
    defined early enough  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * asking for changes in builroot will be done by creating a ticket to
    bugs.c.o  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * IDEA: stop building/shipping scl packages on scl.org once they get
    build/shipped in centos koji  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * IDEA: another way would be to start building all the collections in
    copr, that would solve many issues we have with koji right now
    (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * building in copr is not possible because centos will never sign
    anything that didnt get built end to end here  (hhorak, 17:31:35)
  * mariadb100 and mariadb sources should be ready to test in git.c.o
    (hhorak, 17:31:36)
  * ACTION: kbsingh will try to hack things up to build mariadb100
    collection (and fix things on the way)  (hhorak, 17:31:36)
  * if we're fine with one repository with all collections or we need
    more repositories with (stable, bleeding-edge) or (upstream,
    downstream) or whatever -- that's left to decide in the future, but
    we should ask community of users for advice while being careful
    about how we communicate this, and where we communicate it to (since
    people dont see the bleedingedge for what it is - they start to see
    the 'releseased' repo to be stable, test  (hhorak, 17:31:37)

Meeting ended at 17:31:55 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* kbsingh will try to hack things up to build mariadb100 collection (and
  fix things on the way)

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* kbsingh
  * kbsingh will try to hack things up to build mariadb100 collection
    (and fix things on the way)
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)