Subject: scl register script
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:55:41 +0100
From: Jan Kalu┼ża <jkaluza redhat com>

Hi,

I was thinking about "scl register" script (/opt/rh/foo/register). This
script is called when SCL is registered (as result of "scl register foo"
command).

There can be just single "register" script per collection. I think it
would be better to have a directory (let's call it "register.d") where
all packages in the collection could put their register scripts and the
main register script (the one included in meta-package) would just call
each script in this directory.

This would handle following situations:

- If we add new package/directory/file which has to be handled by the
register script, we don't have to change the register script in the
meta-package and rebuild it, because the responsible register script
would be part of the updated package.

- If we have for example httpd24 SCL, we want to copy httpd
configuration into /etc/opt in the register script, but we want to do
that *only* when httpd24-httpd package is installed.

So to sum it up, I'm proposing following structure for the
register/unregister scripts:

/opt/rh/foo/register - owned by "foo", calls scripts in "register.d"
/opt/rh/foo/register.d/foo-bar - owned by foo-bar, registers foo-bar
subpackage of foo SCL.

/opt/rh/foo/unregister - owned by "foo", calls scripts in "unregister.d"
/opt/rh/foo/unregister.d/foo-bar - owned by foo-bar, unregisters foo-bar
subpackage of foo SCL.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza