Re: [scl.org] scl register script

Another thing that would deserve some best practice documented is where to store the files we want to work with in the register script. This is just a laud thinking about the location for such files, which should be also standardized and documented as a best practice after reaching some agreement.

My proposal is to include them under /opt/rh/$SCLNAME/register-content and use path of the resulting location under this directory. An example for e.g. mariadb100 I have on my mind is the following:

* having %nfsmountable macro defined, %_sysconfdif will expand to /etc/opt/rh/scls/mariadb100 during RPM build

* my.cnf will then be installed into /etc/opt/rh/scls/mariadb100/my.cnf

* when mounting /opt, my.cnf, init script or systemd file won't be available on NFS client, but we'd need it for the register script

* these files have a copy under /opt/rh/mariadb100/register-content to have them available on the NFS client, specifically:
  /opt/rh/mariadb100/register-content/etc/opt/rh/scls/mariadb100/my.cnf

/opt/rh/mariadb100/register-content/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb100-mariadb.service

* the register script for mariadb100-mariadb-server just gets the files from /opt/rh/mariadb100/register-content and places them under their desired location:
  /etc/opt/rh/scls/mariadb100/my.cnf
  /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb100-mariadb.service

Does it sound fine?

Honza