[scl.org] Hints on building a package that depends on 2+ collections

Jan Kaluža jkaluza at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 06:09:01 UTC 2015

On 07/16/2015 07:23 PM, Doran Barton wrote:
> I plan to produce a build of httpd24-mod_perl that is built against the
> perl520 collection of Perl. Would that be named httpd24-perl520-mod_perl?
> What convention has been established, if any, for builds like this?

That's a good question. I think we do not have any guideline for that.

I'm the author of rh-passenger40 SCL which can be optionally used with
ruby193, ruby200 and rh-ruby22. I've decided to put the ruby version
specific files into subpackages named:

- rh-passenger40-ruby193
- rh-passenger40-ruby200
- rh-passenger40-ruby22

So from my point of view, your "httpd24-perl520-mod_perl" name sounds sane.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza