[scl.org] CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2015-07-08)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 06:35:34 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 08:17 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
> * Consulting changes in tags structure in CBS

A short highlight where I'd like to change things (any feedback welcome
and we can consult it later today)..

We already spoke about it before, but it seems to me the current tags
names don't work this way -- the changes basically come from the idea to
have two sets of collections:

* one set of RHSCL collections (basically RHSCL content, just available
for everyone, something like CentOS is to RHEL)

* another set of collections that are not in RHSCL (that extend the
RHSCL collections or they are something what is not in RHSCL at all,
something like EPEL is to CentOS/RHEL)

Having the sets separated will be useful for RH customers who will be
able to use RHSCL packages from RH, but will be able to use the
EPEL-like collections as well.

Anyway, that means we'll need to change the tags scheme this way:

Instead of sclo7-common-{candidate,testing,release} we'll need to have
two sets of tags/repositories:
* sclo7-common-rh-{candidate,testing,release} (acts as centos for rhel)
* sclo7-common-sclo-{candidate,testing,release} (acts as epel for
rhel/centos)

Every collection will then put the packages into one of these
tags/repositories, e.g.:

* sclo7-common-rh-{candidate,testing,release} will contain all packages
from collections devtoolset-3, mariadb55, php55, ...

* sclo7-common-sclo-{candidate,testing,release} will contain all
packages from collections php55-extra, devtoolset-3-extra, erlang18, ...

Honza