Re: [scl.org] Update where we are with SCLo SIG

On 07/29/2015 10:04 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
The next step now is to rebuild those three collections using the
external repo, while storing the sources into git.centos.org already.

Branches for those packages will follow patterns described at
http://wiki.centos.org/BrianStinson/GitBranchesandKojiTags, which means
e.g. packages for devtoolset-3 will use branch sig-sclo7-devtoolset-3-sclo.

Actually since those are pure rebuilds of RHSCL content, we should use -rh as <releasename>, so it will be rather sig-sclo7-devtoolset-3-rh.

Look-aside cache is still not ready, but Fedora's look-aside cache
should be fine enough in most cases.

Some further information how I suppose we can continue with rebuilding, which can also serve as a basic how-to for anybody who would like to help with rebuilding collections:

1) become SCLo sig member if you are not yet
http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo#head-b6cbebda05530f216acf06e14f8c473a01750ed9

2) get srpm from software collections (list of repositories attached)
e.g. repoquery --repofrompath=r,https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/maven30/epel-7-x86_64 --repoid=r maven30-cglib --arch src --location

3) during bootstraping we should use 0.x.<original_release> as Release in RPM, so we don't produce newer packages than the original NVRs are (1)

4) import the spec/patches into dist-git

5) create srpm from dist-git
e.g. by using fedora look-aside cache: fedpkg --dist .rpmbuild -bs --define "scl devtoolset-3" --define 'dist .el7' ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/gcc.spec

6) build the package in cbs.centos.org
koji -c /etc/koji.conf.d/cbs-koji.conf add-pkg sclo7-devtoolset-3-rh-candidate --owner=sclo devtoolset-3-memstomp koji -c /etc/koji.conf.d/cbs-koji.conf build sclo7-devtoolset-3-rh-el7 /home/hhorak/rpmbuild/SRPMS/devtoolset-3-memstomp-0.1.5-0.2.el7.src.rpm

My /etc/koji.conf.d/cbs-koji.conf also attached.

(1) cbs.centos.org doesn't allow to build one package twice with the same NVR. RHSCL product and softwarecollections.org packages already use some NVR. Since we bootstrap the collections, we don't want to produce newer packages (higher NVR) then what is already provided in RHSCL product and softwarecollections.org. Therefore I think we need to use 0.x.<original_release> as Release in RPMs we will rebuild, where x is just increasing integer. Once we're sure the package is being built properly, we can use the original Release number.

Not all above was tested yet. I'll probably do some real work next week, but wanted to share the desired steps if anybody has some ideas or see some issues in the above.

Honza
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/devassist09/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/devtoolset-3/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/git19/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/httpd24/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mariadb55/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/maven30/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mongodb24/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/mysql55/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/nginx14/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/nginx16/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/nodejs010/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/perl516/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/php54/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/php55/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/postgresql92/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/python27/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/python33/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-java-common/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-mariadb100/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-mongodb26/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-mysql56/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-passenger40/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-perl520/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-php56/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-postgresql94/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-python34/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-ror41/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/rh-ruby22/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/ror40/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/ruby193/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/ruby200/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/thermostat1/epel-7-x86_64
https://www.softwarecollections.org/repos/rhscl/v8314/epel-7-x86_64
[koji]

;url of XMLRPC server
server = https://cbs.centos.org/kojihub/

;url of web interface
weburl = https://cbs.centos.org/koji

;url of package download site
topurl = https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles

;path to the koji top directory
topdir = /mnt/koji

;client certificate
cert = ~/.kojicentos/client.crt

;certificate of the CA that issued the client certificate
ca = ~/.kojicentos/clientca.crt

;certificate of the CA that issued the HTTP server certificate
serverca = ~/.kojicentos/serverca.crt