[scl.org] New SCL 2.0 collections - questions about using them

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 08:41:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:18:08AM -0600, Doran Barton wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:21:29 -0600
> Doran Barton <doran at bluehost.com> wrote:
>
> > So, we are anxious to use the new perl520 and postgresql94 collections in
> > our environments here at Bluehost, but have had some difficulty doing so.
> > I'm hoping someone can provide some direction.
> >
> > It appears SCL hosting has changed since 1.0. Instead of a grand-unifying
> > SCL repository, are we moving to separate collection-specific
> > repositories? If so, we'd like to be able to mirror those internally. If
> > not, we'd like to know when the SCL 2.0 stuff will be publicly available
> > to mirror.
> >
> > Also, my guys are telling me the packages on softwarecollections.org are
> > signed, but the public GPG key isn't readily available. Could someone
> > direct me to that?
> >
> > Thank you for your help!
>
> I haven't received any responses on these questions, so I'm just tossing
> this back out there again.

I'm not responsible for the site, so just few hints: The packages were built
in Copr build system. For example rh-perl520 collection is located at
<http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhscl/rh-perl520-el7/> there. Follow the
`Latest build' link, then a link under the `Results' section, and there is the
public key
<https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/rhscl/rh-perl520-el7/pubkey.gpg>.

I can see this key:

$ LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 gpg --list-key --fingerprint 798EE6A7
pub   rsa2048/798EE6A7 2015-06-08 [expires: 2020-06-06]
      Key fingerprint = 6E87 8CFA D326 62B0 2010  B439 EEB9 A7E7 798E E6A7
uid       [ unknown] rhscl_rh-perl520-el7 (None) <rhscl#rh-perl520-el7 at copr.fedorahosted.org>

Obviously the key differs for each collection and even for each Red Hat
Enterprise Linux version.

I think the best solution would be to sign the keys by softwarecollections.org
authority, upload them to key servers and publish the softwarecollections.org
authority's key on the <https://softwarecollections.org/>.

-- Petr