[scl.org] Removing 'scls' from %{_sysconfdir} and %{_localstatedir}?

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 15:00:15 UTC 2015

On 03/02/2015 09:29 AM, Jan Zelený wrote:
> -- snip --
>
>> That means we'd just set %_scl_prefix to /opt/fedora/scls in fedora,
>> while default could stay what it is in scl-utils (just removing the
>> scls/ hardcoded in the %{_sysconfdir} and similiar macros would be needed).
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is mechanism in
> Fedora that would allow you to do this kind of configuration outside of scl-
> utils. Does this mean you'd like to start a package similar to redhat-rpm-
> config that would be maintained by Env. & Stacks?

Such a package could be tricky, since we cannot depend on rpm reading
the files under /etc/rpm/macros* in some defined order, do we? But when
doing it agnostic to ordering, it would be possible. Another way just
from top of my head are guidelines that would require it.

Which mechanism did you mean and didn't see?

Honza