[scl.org] php instructions?

Remi Collet rcollet at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 13:44:02 UTC 2015

Le 25/03/2015 22:14, Greg Lindahl a écrit :
> The php55 package instructions are generic, saying how to run it on
> the command line:
>
> scl enable php55 bash
>
> Most usage of php is in cgi scripts. How do you use php55 with Apache?
> The system php rpm contains the file /etc/httpd/modules/libphp5.so,
> and the php55 packages don't seem to have a file like that.

php55 (metapackage) doesn't pull mod_php by default by design (this is
not a mandatory component)

In php54 SCL, the php54-php provides mod_php for httpd (base)
In php55 SCL, the php55-php provides mod_php for httpd24-httpd (SCL)
In rh-php56, the rh-php56-php provides mod_php for httpd24-httpd (SCL)

As only 1 mod_php can be loaded in apache,
other should be uninstall or disabled.

But php-fpm is definitively the way to go (with apache 2.4.x) especially
as SetHandler to proxy is now supported.

Then you can select PHP version used by app / project / vhost.

FPM is more secure (different processes) and also allow to run apache in
thread mode (worker or event).

Die mod_php... die...

Remi.

P.S. various article about PHP as SCL on
http://blog.famillecollet.com/tag/SCL

> Am I missing something obvious? I'm on CentOS 7.
>
> -- greg

rcollet at redhat.com | Senior Software Engineer / BaseOS / WebStack team
GPG Key: 0x29F16A18
Fingerprint: 5A0E 6F54 D94D 5732 69EE  E3FF 614A 6905 29F1 6A18