Re: [scl.org] Removing 'scls' from %{_sysconfdir} and %{_localstatedir}?

On 03/02/2015 01:17 PM, Branislav Blaskovic wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 07:16:28PM +0100, Honza Horak wrote:
On 02/26/2015 05:22 PM, Joe Orton wrote:
I agree.  Since the <vendor> will already own the namespace with their
portion of /{var,etc}/opt anyway, there is surely no great concern for
collisions; the onus will be on the vendor to ensure whatever name used
is unique.  SCLs are not special in this sense, as you say.

Since this topic is actually quite important for Env & Stacks working group
in Fedora, I've hijacked most of the fedora env&stacks meeting [1] to
discuss this topic today.

There were quite a few interesting notes mentioned and the voting showed the
version with '/scls/' is the preferred way and it has some reasoning. So, it
seems /opt/<vendor>/scls is the way to go in Fedora once SCLs get there.

Why is it even 'scls' and not 'scl'? We have everything prefixed with
'scl' so I don't know why this one is called 'scls'. Does any
explanation exist for this?

We consulted this the last week and 'scls' was preferred to emphasize that "the directory holds arbitrary number of collections", similar as rpmbuild uses SPECS, RPMS, ... subdirectories.

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-02-26/env-and-stacks.2015-02-26-13.02.log.html