Re: [scl.org] Removing 'scls' from %{_sysconfdir} and %{_localstatedir}?

On 03/02/2015 05:36 PM, Jan Zelený wrote:
On 2. 3. 2015 at 16:00:15, Honza Horak wrote:
On 03/02/2015 09:29 AM, Jan Zelený wrote:
-- snip --

That means we'd just set %_scl_prefix to /opt/fedora/scls in fedora,
while default could stay what it is in scl-utils (just removing the
scls/ hardcoded in the %{_sysconfdir} and similiar macros would be
needed).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is mechanism in
Fedora that would allow you to do this kind of configuration outside of
scl- utils. Does this mean you'd like to start a package similar to
redhat-rpm- config that would be maintained by Env. & Stacks?

Such a package could be tricky, since we cannot depend on rpm reading
the files under /etc/rpm/macros* in some defined order, do we? But when
doing it agnostic to ordering, it would be possible. Another way just
from top of my head are guidelines that would require it.

The order is actually pretty well defined. When loading macros, rpm reads files
in /etc/rpm in alphabetical order (C locale). The same applies for all the
other directories where macro files can be (/usr/lib/rpm for instance but there
is a number of possible locations).

Thanks for explanation, I'll try to read the doc before assuming anything the next time :)