Re: [scl.org] GDAL and the python scls

On 03/09/2015 11:36 PM, Justin Dearing wrote:
Slavek/Honza,

Thank you both for your replies.

My question is would the python27 and python33 SCLs accept an RPM with
these packages. They are important enough for inclusion in base
Redhat/centos/fedora, and not trivial to install (although a little
easier assuming google leads you to my questions). That makes them
obvious candidates for their own RPMs.

One important thing is that the set of packages included in the RHSCL is driven by customer requests, so the way to influence it is to contact the Red Hat Customer Support.

But there is another way to provide those packages and make them available -- a general collection that will *extend* the RHSCL's python27 or python33 collection (for example python27extra collection). This collection could be available as part of SCLo effort in CentOS -- http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo

However, we're still not ready there, so it is not possible to contribute right now. I expect people should be able to contribute in few weeks at latest. Please, stay tuned.

The other question is would there be an RPM for the latest version of
GDAL in these SCLs or would they be tied to the GDAL that ships with the
redhat/centos/fedora release.

Are there any gdal packages in RHEL/CentOS actually? Didn't you mean EPEL?

Honza

Justin

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Honza Horak <hhorak redhat com