[scl.org] Announcing release for Vagrant 1.7.4 on CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 SCL

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 12:51:01 UTC 2015

On 11/24/2015 01:22 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 23/11/15 16:41, Robert Kratky wrote:
>> On 11. 11. 2015 17:43:22, Honza Horak wrote:
>>
>>> I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Vagrant 1.7.4 on
>>> CentOS Linux 7 x86_64, delivered via a Software Collection (SCL) built by
>>> the SCLo Special Interest Group
>>> (https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo).
>>>
>>> QuickStart
>>> ----------
>>>
>>> You can get started in three easy steps:
>>>    $ sudo yum install centos-release-scl
>>>    $ sudo yum install sclo-vagrant1
>>>    $ scl enable sclo-vagrant1 bash
>>>
>>> At this point you should be able to use vagrant just as a normal
>>>
>>> application. An example work-flow might be:
>>>    $ vagrant init centos/7
>>>    $ vagrant up
>>>    $ vagrant ssh
>>>
>>> In order to view the individual components included in this
>>>
>>> collection, including additional vagrant plugins, you can run :
>>>    $ sudo yum list sclo-vagrant\*
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Honza
>>> SCLo SIG member
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for an elegant way to document the installation of this collection on RHEL -- without disabling GPG checking.
>>
>> * I don't want to advise users to install the 'centos-release-scl' package, which contains the key for the 'sclo' repo, because it depends on the 'centos-release-scl-rh' package, which enables the repo with SCLs based on the official RHSCL (and I want to pull these from the official RH repo, not from the CentOS repo).
>>
>> * The SCL GPG key isn't included in the 'centos-release' package.
>>
>> * I suppose I could instruct users to download the 'centos-release-scl' package, extract the key, and use 'rpm' to import it to /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ -- but that seems like a very clutchy solution.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> if the centos-release-scl-rh were to have a Provides: that matches
> something that's also available from the RHSCL's setup, then this might
> not be a problem; in an environ that has the RHSCL's setup, the content
> will just come from there ( it will need some tracking etc, but
> should'nt be too hard ).
>
> is there such an easy target that might be shared across the two venues ?

This is not that easy, because RH packages don't use an RPM package for
shipping repo file and key -- and there is probably no similar RPM that
we could use.

We can either create a separate a new RPM package with just sclo repo
file and key or as already proposed before, something like this:
* centos-release-scl-rh as now, no difference here
* centos-release-scl-sclo, that ships repo file and key
* centos-release-scl that requires both of the images above, but doesn't
ship anything.

In case the key won't change often (which I don't expect), we can also
have a package build in copr and available on softwarecollections.org if
something like the above would be bad idea.

Honza