Re: [scl.org] SCLo el6 packages have wrong upgrade path

On 11/05/2015 12:38 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
On 22/10/15 11:58, Honza Horak wrote:
On 10/22/2015 12:52 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote: On 22/10/15 06:39,
Honza Horak wrote:
So far I've just roughly looked at whether el6 SCL packages
available at http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/SCL/x86_64/
properly update to packages built in CBS, as we touched it
yesterday. Long story short, there are packages with higher
NVR than what we have in CBS now.

There are basically two options here -- we may rebuild the
problematic packages and bump release in CBS or we can
document how to properly update using `yum distro-sync`.

Anybody has a strong opinion about one of them?

 From my PoV, bumping&rebuilding should avoid more issues on
users' side, because we can't be sure what happens if
packages are combined (some from CBS and some from older
repo) and depending on manual step won't work in 100% cases.

Honza

do we know why the versions are newer ? is the corrosponding code
also newer ?

I didn't check many packages, but the difference was only in
release, so I expect there were issues during build and release
was bumped because of that. But we should check whether the
content is really the same. Not done so far.

is it possible to automate some of this ? it would be good to start
getting the c6 content out as well

I believe it would, but I haven't look at it yet. I will try to look at it till Wednesday.