[scl.org] Announcing release for Vagrant 1.7.4 on CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 SCL

Robert Kratky rkratky at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 16:41:49 UTC 2015

On 11. 11. 2015 17:43:22, Honza Horak wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Vagrant 1.7.4 on
> CentOS Linux 7 x86_64, delivered via a Software Collection (SCL) built by
> the SCLo Special Interest Group
> (https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo).
>
> QuickStart
> ----------
>
> You can get started in three easy steps:
>   $ sudo yum install centos-release-scl
>   $ sudo yum install sclo-vagrant1
>   $ scl enable sclo-vagrant1 bash
>
> At this point you should be able to use vagrant just as a normal
>
> application. An example work-flow might be:
>   $ vagrant init centos/7
>   $ vagrant up
>   $ vagrant ssh
>
> In order to view the individual components included in this
>
> collection, including additional vagrant plugins, you can run :
>   $ sudo yum list sclo-vagrant\*
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Honza
> SCLo SIG member

Hi,

I'm looking for an elegant way to document the installation of this collection on RHEL -- without disabling GPG checking.

* I don't want to advise users to install the 'centos-release-scl' package, which contains the key for the 'sclo' repo, because it depends on the 'centos-release-scl-rh' package, which enables the repo with SCLs based on the official RHSCL (and I want to pull these from the official RH repo, not from the CentOS repo).

* The SCL GPG key isn't included in the 'centos-release' package.

* I suppose I could instruct users to download the 'centos-release-scl' package, extract the key, and use 'rpm' to import it to /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ -- but that seems like a very clutchy solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Regards,
Robert