Re: [scl.org] Announcing release for Vagrant 1.7.4 on CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 SCL

On 11/24/2015 01:22 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
On 23/11/15 16:41, Robert Kratky wrote:
On 11. 11. 2015 17:43:22, Honza Horak wrote:

I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Vagrant 1.7.4 on
CentOS Linux 7 x86_64, delivered via a Software Collection (SCL) built by
the SCLo Special Interest Group
(https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo).

QuickStart
----------

You can get started in three easy steps:
   $ sudo yum install centos-release-scl
   $ sudo yum install sclo-vagrant1
   $ scl enable sclo-vagrant1 bash

At this point you should be able to use vagrant just as a normal

application. An example work-flow might be:
   $ vagrant init centos/7
   $ vagrant up
   $ vagrant ssh

In order to view the individual components included in this

collection, including additional vagrant plugins, you can run :
   $ sudo yum list sclo-vagrant\*

Enjoy!

Honza
SCLo SIG member

Hi,

I'm looking for an elegant way to document the installation of this collection on RHEL -- without disabling GPG checking.

* I don't want to advise users to install the 'centos-release-scl' package, which contains the key for the 'sclo' repo, because it depends on the 'centos-release-scl-rh' package, which enables the repo with SCLs based on the official RHSCL (and I want to pull these from the official RH repo, not from the CentOS repo).

* The SCL GPG key isn't included in the 'centos-release' package.

* I suppose I could instruct users to download the 'centos-release-scl' package, extract the key, and use 'rpm' to import it to /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ -- but that seems like a very clutchy solution.

Any suggestions?

if the centos-release-scl-rh were to have a Provides: that matches
something that's also available from the RHSCL's setup, then this might
not be a problem; in an environ that has the RHSCL's setup, the content
will just come from there ( it will need some tracking etc, but
should'nt be too hard ).

is there such an easy target that might be shared across the two venues ?

This is not that easy, because RH packages don't use an RPM package for shipping repo file and key -- and there is probably no similar RPM that we could use.

We can either create a separate a new RPM package with just sclo repo file and key or as already proposed before, something like this:
* centos-release-scl-rh as now, no difference here
* centos-release-scl-sclo, that ships repo file and key
* centos-release-scl that requires both of the images above, but doesn't ship anything.

In case the key won't change often (which I don't expect), we can also have a package build in copr and available on softwarecollections.org if something like the above would be bad idea.