[scl.org] collections sclo-vagrant1, rh-ror41 and rh-ruby22 ready

Josef Stribny jstribny at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 11:24:05 UTC 2015

> it would be great to have a SCL's section on wiki.centos.org along
> with
> some getting started content ( maybe something generic for all the
> scl's
> - even if the content is short and has a url leading to a
> softwarecollections.org page for more info ). and then it would be
> great
> to have a single page for the major collections, like vagrant. a
> quickstart gives us something to url and send announcement traffic to,
> and has typically proven to be a good engagement point even down the
> road.

I can prepare something for Ruby/Vagrant although I am not familiar
with contributions to
the CentOS wiki.

> Finally, I've written a test that stress's a box in libvirt and
> another
> test that does the same for vbox, do we want to have more testing ?
> should we be testing things other than 'the box comes up, i can
> login' etc
>
> finally, I am hoping there is an update cadence in place. Someone is
> going to be doing updates for these collections right ?

Do you miss something there now? I plan to do updates for Vagrant scl,
but not sure if
that often as for Fedora. But surely fixes especially connected with
Fedora/RHEL/CentOS
guests should be added (some are missing now).

Best Regards
Josef