Re: [scl.org] validating scls being built

It would also be useful if the repo definitions did not use ReleaseVersion to allow use by CentOS and other distroa.

Sent from Nine

From: Karanbir Singh <mail-lists karan org>
Sent: Oct 10, 2015 6:29 PM
To: centos-devel centos org; sclorg redhat com
Subject: [scl.org] validating scls being built

firstly, apologies for the cross post.

I've setup an example to illustrate some very simple things we can do to
validate a collection. In this case the vagrant collection.

https://github.com/kbsingh/validate-vagrant-scl has the test script.

It does 2 things:
1) makes sure all the rpms we expect to have in the repo are there.
2) it will install the collection, run a centos/7 vagrant box, and run
the centos functional test suite inside the box. if this passes, we can
assert that vagrant installed ok, was able to run a libvirt backed box
properly, and was able to provide typical expected functionality.

There maybe 100s more features of the collection we are not testing
here, but that might not be needed if a simple baseline is established.
And this test can be run, from triggers in ci.centos.org, watching the 3
repos we care about for the vagrant collection ( ruby22 / ror41 and
vagrant itself ).

thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh