Re: [scl.org] validating scls being built

On 10/12/2015 05:30 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
On 12/10/15 13:55, Honza Horak wrote:
Thanks, it seems fine to me for the beginning. Matej (cc'd) is also
working on some basic sanity tests for collections, not sure how far he
is and whether it would do the same (maybe a bit), but last time we
checked the status it seemed he will have something pushed into [1] this
week.

sounds good, I dont see anything there at the moment.

let me know when there is something there and we can workout how best to
plumb things in.

Sure, we talked with Matej that the tests should be able to be run separately for every collection, so plumbing in should be easy. Karanbir, do you already have some idea what should be the format of output? (if it is important for the ci)

The only hard requirement I expect is that the script must end with non-zero exit-code, right?

I've also added list of packages that we expect will be available for
the rest of the collections [2]. It has slightly different format than
yours, but a good thing is that we can share it with what we keep
internally for a similar purpose..

[1] https://github.com/sclorg/sclo-ci-tests/
[2] https://github.com/sclorg/sclo-ci-tests/tree/master/PackageLists

what is the difference between all and main lists ?

`all` is list of all packages that must be available in repository

`main` is list of packages that we expect will be installed when user runs `yum install <scl>` (not all packages are installed in this case obviously)

The main set might be checked later, we can ignore it for this time.

and you really want
to add arch atleast over there,

The only reason I see is to check whether only correct arches are in the repo, but it doesn't have to be in this list (packages change arches from/to noarch sometimes), we can just check the packages generally in the repo whether it includes only expected arches this way:

repoquery --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=sclo7-sclo-vagrant1-sclo-candidate --qf '%{ARCH} %{NVR}' -a|grep -v -e '^noarch ' -e 'x86_64 '

secondly - how are you comparing this
with available packages in a remote repo ?

I'd use something like that:

repoquery --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=sclo7-sclo-vagrant1-sclo-candidate --qf '%{NAME}' -a | sort >a
cat sclo-ci-tests/PackageLists/sclo-vagrant1/all | sort >b
diff -up a b

which is very similar to your check, just using `sort` to be sure we don't get false negative on just different order..