Re: [scl.org] Image naming for centos-based images

We're trying to make them consistent at least in the community space, without making them needlessly complex or redundant. To your question, I would posit that in the community space, it doesn't matter. The container users simply aren't interested in whether they're based on fedora 21 or fedora 22. The users are after the application, not the OS. The OS itself is largely invisible in the container ecosystem except as a host or base container.

I agree people are after an application, but I actually don't like not knowing the underlying system and
I even think that CentOS has a good reputation and can draw attention to these images...

Josef