Re: [scl.org] SCL... for ppc?

Thank you Dan, Nick, and Miroslav.  I appreciate the information.  In between fighting fires and other high priority projects, I'll take a look at COPR!

cheers and thanks,

Ian Veach, Senior Systems Analyst
System Computing Services, Nevada System of Higher Education

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Ian Veach <ian_veach nshe nevada edu> wrote:

> We run RHEL on IBM pSeries (ppc64) - which is mostly all types of awesome.
> However.
>
> Is there any future for SCL on a ppc platform?

I believe so - while the logistics are still being worked out, the
intent is to allow folks to build in multi-arch locations like
Fedora's COPR and the CentOS build system and upload the resulting
software collections to softwarecollections.org.

One of the keys for that is the SCLo SIG in CentOS:
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo

That SIG will be providing the upstream for the downstream Red Hat
Software Collections, so once those builds are happening in the CentOS
infrastructure, it should be feasible to expand the architecture
support in the softwarecollections.org repos.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Fedora Environments & Stacks

Software Development Workflow Designer & Process Architect

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.