[scl.org] Bootstrapping devtoolset?

Is there a method for bootstrapping devtoolset (-3, -4)? I used to be
able to build everything in a mock for devtoolset-2, but for the newer
ones I find that they seem to have cyclic build dependencies where
most builds want to pull in everything that would only be available
after the successful build (currently stuck at rh-java-common).

How was the bootstrapping done?