[scl.org] Bootstrapping devtoolset?

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 11:05:28 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 11:54 AM, Stefan Ring wrote:
> Is there a method for bootstrapping devtoolset (-3, -4)? I used to be
> able to build everything in a mock for devtoolset-2, but for the newer
> ones I find that they seem to have cyclic build dependencies where
> most builds want to pull in everything that would only be available
> after the successful build (currently stuck at rh-java-common).
>
> How was the bootstrapping done?

Java collections were typically bootstrapped by using older packages
from other collections or from RHEL. Specifically, rh-java-common was
built using maven30 RPMs and maven30 was built using RHEL 7 content.

CentOS bootstraps SCLs by using external repositories with prebuilt
RPMs, like this one:
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/externalrepoinfo?extrepoID=11

--
Mikolaj Izdebski