[scl.org] Bootstrapping devtoolset?

Stefan Ring stefanrin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:48:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Java collections were typically bootstrapped by using older packages
> from other collections or from RHEL. Specifically, rh-java-common was
> built using maven30 RPMs and maven30 was built using RHEL 7 content.
>
> CentOS bootstraps SCLs by using external repositories with prebuilt
> RPMs, like this one:
> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/externalrepoinfo?extrepoID=11

Unfortunately I cannot see what’s inside this repository or some
siblings I've tried (access denied). Does it basically contain the
same packages as the final sclo repo or are there some hand-tweaked
packages aimed at getting through a bootstrap?

I guess that bootstrapping was a manual process with lots of dirty
hacks and workarounds ;). Is this a good impression of how it went?