[scl.org] Bootstrapping devtoolset?

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 12:33:19 UTC 2016

On 12/08/2016 11:06 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
> On 12/06/2016 02:48 PM, Stefan Ring wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Java collections were typically bootstrapped by using older packages
>>> from other collections or from RHEL. Specifically, rh-java-common was
>>> built using maven30 RPMs and maven30 was built using RHEL 7 content.
>>>
>>> CentOS bootstraps SCLs by using external repositories with prebuilt
>>> RPMs, like this one:
>>> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/externalrepoinfo?extrepoID=11
>>
>> Unfortunately I cannot see what’s inside this repository or some
>> siblings I've tried (access denied). Does it basically contain the
>> same packages as the final sclo repo or are there some hand-tweaked
>> packages aimed at getting through a bootstrap?
>
> I don't know, I don't have access either. Bug I guess these could be
> RHSCL packages.

It used copr builds for bootstrapping (rebuilt twice in cbs to get rid
of any external consequences). The packages should be probably still
accessible:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/hhorak/devtoolset-4-rebuild-bootstrap/

But since we now have centos builds, I don't see reason to not use those
for bootstrapping.

Honza