[scl.org] devtoolset 2?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 20:57:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Well, I've realized the copr is not named devtoolset-2, but just
>>> devtoolset, which is not ideal.. and renaming is not possible in copr..
>>> maybe it would be better if you'd create your own copr, which has correct
>>> name..
>>>
>>> Is there anything special that needs to be done to do these builds?
>>>>

>>> Honestly, I don't know what is necessary to fix the builds, but since
>>> they were failing, I expect something would need to be fixed.
>>>
>>> Is there an original location for the source rpms? And is this COPR use
>>>>

>>> The sources are available here:
>>>
>>> http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHDevToolset/SRPMS/
>>>

>> It looks like the source .rpm for felix-gogo-parent is missing. What
>> needs to happen for that to be added?
>>

> Also, it appears that some of them depend on maven plugins that aren't
> available:
>
> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/daveisfera/devtoolset2/epel-6-x86_64/00163449-devtoolset-2-apache-commons-codec/root.log.gz
> What can be done to resolve that?

It looks like the maven packages are supposed to come from the maven SCL,
so never mind about that. On a related note, the odd thing is that some of
the apache-common packages are in the devtoolset SCL and other are in maven
SCL. It just seems kind of odd to be broken up that way, but whatever works
I guess.

So, the only real issue seems to be the missing source .rpm for
felix-gogo-parent.