[scl.org] devtoolset 2?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:35:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Interesting, you're first who asks for that. Currently, there is nobody
> working on it.

We're working on moving to EL 7, but still need to support EL 6
installations. We'd also like to start allowing use of C++11 in our code
base and using the same version of gcc on both EL 6 and 7 seemed like the
best way to accomplish both of these goals.

> If you're willing to try that, I wouldn't be against, I just must warn you
> that rebuilding devtoolset is always a lot of fun (like
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/sclorg/2015-December/msg00050.html)..

What's the best way to start this?
Are there modifications that are required for source .rpm (removing RedHat
naming, etc)? Or is it just start building it and dealing with the issues
that pop up?

Thanks,
Dave