[scl.org] Announcing release for Vagrant 1.7.4 on CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 SCL

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 20:55:06 UTC 2016

On 11/30/2015 04:47 PM, Robert Kratky wrote:
>>> if the centos-release-scl-rh were to have a Provides: that matches

>> >This is not that easy, because RH packages don't use an RPM package for
>> >shipping repo file and key -- and there is probably no similar RPM that
>> >we could use.
>> >
>> >We can either create a separate a new RPM package with just sclo repo
>> >file and key or as already proposed before, something like this:
>> >* centos-release-scl-rh as now, no difference here
>> >* centos-release-scl-sclo, that ships repo file and key
>> >* centos-release-scl that requires both of the images above, but doesn't
>> >ship anything.
> Either of these solutions seems good to me. Would it be hard to make it happen?

I've finally created a PoC of the new packages in copr, that are meant
to be used on RHEL to install sclo-* collectoins. I think this may work
better than trying to deliver the centos packages, because RHEL users
wouldn't be able to install centos-release-scl -- this package is only
available in centos-extras.

So, in order to get the sclo-* collections (vagrant right now), follow
steps mentioned at:
https://github.com/sclorg/centos-release-scl

Let us know how that works for you, thanks!

Honza