Re: [scl.org] 2 questions on software collections

On 12/26/2015 04:07 AM, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
hi,

1st: foor rhel/centos 6 are software collections only available for 64 bit arch or are there plans for i686 too?

As far as Red Hat is concerned, we make decisions like this based on customer feedback. If you are a customer, feel free to file a bug/RFE through your usual channels and follow the PR announcements regarding plans. However, we are not the only contributors, so other people may plan to do i686 versions.

2nd: how do I switch permanently to the version of the sotfware collection for a user? If I run

$ scl enable rh-perl520 bash
after logging off and on I get back to system perl version. Adding that line to ~/.bash_profile seems to do the trick. Is this the correct way to do it?

I wrote a quick blog post about this some time back. I think this is still something we would like to see a better solution(s) for.

http://developerblog.redhat.com/2014/03/19/permanently-enable-a-software-collection/

Thanks for the software collection effort, it's going to be very helpful.

Glad you like them.. please help us promote them by mentioning them on social media, write blog posts, tell your friends, etc!

Langdon

--
Groeten,
natxo