[scl.org] How to migrate to CentOS builds

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 13:10:02 UTC 2016

On 01/05/2016 10:16 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 5 January 2016 at 13:12, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> https://www.softwarecollections.org/.../rhscl-<scl>-epel-7-x86_64.noarch.rpm
>

> Is there a way to update that file to point to the new repository
> layout. That way when people do an update they will get pointed to the
> correct trees?

That was basically the second solution, just purely described. What I
meant by "empty RPMs that would include centos-release-scl-rh package",
I basically meant: rhscl-<scl>-epel-7-x86_64.noarch.rpm package would
not include the repo file, but would include Requires:
centos-release-scl-rh. By updating the
rhscl-<scl>-epel-7-x86_64.noarch.rpm file, users would get proper trees.

Honza