[scl.org] How to migrate to CentOS builds

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 13:00:25 UTC 2016

On 01/07/2016 03:01 AM, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

>>> How does any of this work for people using SCL on actual RHEL, not CentOS?
>>
>> On RHEL people don't use builds from COPR, so they are not influenced.
>
> Which repos are we talking about here? Because there aren't many other ways to get Python 3 or other recent-y things on RHEL 6/7.

I distinguish here between repositories provided by RH (which you gain
access to using `yum-config-manager --enable rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms`
in RH and you need RHEL subscription for them) and rebuilds of the same
packages for CentOS, which used to be build in Copr and now they are
build in cbs.centos.org.

This whole thread is only about the CentOS builds.

Honza